Have you ever imagined how scary life would be if you suddenly had no water? We're talking clean, drinkable water here- void of any toxins or chemicals. No more Keurig fresh coffee. No more steamed rice or boiled eggs. No more crisp refreshment after a HIIT workout.
Unfortunately, this is the reality for some people. Just like the residents of Flint, Michigan who suffered from high lead levels in their tap water, countless people can't get ahold of safe water within their own homes!
It's easy to take water for granted, of course, since it appears to be everywhere. But how much water do we actually have?
How Much of Earth's Water Isn't Drinkable?
Basically ALL of it. You may be shocked when you find out that less than 1% of all water on Earth is okay to drink! Even though the planet is practically covered in layers of blue oceans and lakes and rivers, 99% is not consumable for humans.
In total, the planet appears to be 71% liquid goodness with oceans dominating the playing field by 97%. Now you may be wondering, ‘if there's so much water, why can't we drink any of it?’ Let's further look into this.
Why Is Only 1% of the Earth's Water Available to Us?
Let's begin with the smaller facts of life and work our way up to the larger truths. If 97% of water on Earth belongs to the oceans, what about the other 3%? Well, 1% belongs to us. It's the tiny portion of drinkable freshwater that we all can claim. That then moves us towards the remaining 2%. Since it's not a part of the salty, ocean water it should be fine to drink, right? More unfortunate than not, the other 2% is freshwater, but it's trapped water. Specifically inside glaciers or deep underground. Bummer!
That then leaves us with the overwhelming might of the oceans...Which are entire seas of salt. People don't have the necessary equipment to flush out the excess salt swimming around the ocean. We uniquely need freshwater in order for our kidneys to work properly. If the kidneys can't complete their job by ridding the body of excess salt, those toxins can disrupt the body cells and lead to a fatal attack.
Which Is Earth's Largest Source of Drinking Water?
As you may have figured out already, freshwater is our reigning champion providing us with safe drinking. Most of this safety comes from surface water- rivers, lakes, streams. These surfaces are often replenished by natural processes such as rain and snow throughout a water cycle. This water often follows an even longer cycle as it is properly treated, bottled up, and distributed across large areas. With more than 40 billion Americans alone buying bottles of water, enjoying harmless, reliable, delicious drinks is a stellar necessity.
At MOVE, we are proud to not only be forerunners in the journey to provide clean water to everyone, but we pride ourselves on going above and beyond with our tasty spring water. Spring water in itself is amazing for the body as it pumps natural oxygen and minerals throughout the being to create the best possible you. Have a rich, sparkling sip of our oxygenated Spring Water to experience the many benefits for yourself!